As you may already know, I have a sweet tooth!
Since I have been following a dairy free, soy free diet over the past 6 months, this eliminates a lot of traditional desserts. This is actually fine by me, because I am always looking for healthy alternatives to the traditional types.
This recipe is my own creation. The inspiration for this came from a raw cheesecake recipe, and a chia pudding recipe. Both recipes are two of my faves!
And yes, you really could eat this for breakfast! Especially if you want to change up your usual routine. This little pudding is very nutritious. I prefer to have it as a dessert or snack, but breakfast is not out of the question!
Healthy Chocolate Pudding (dairy free, soy free, vegan)
Serves two (makes about 1.5 cups of pudding)
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tablespoons chia seed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
1. Combine cashews, chia, raisins, water, and lemon juice into your high powered blender or food processor. Let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until very smooth and thickened.
3. Eat plain or add toppings. Suggested toppings: unsweetened coconut, cacao nibs, fresh or frozen berries, oats, pomegranate arils. (I used frozen mixed berries, cacao nibs, and oats).
- This is a great snack for people on-the-go. Just make a batch and put into small tupperware containers. Take to work and enjoy!
- This also functions an awesome fruit dip for fresh strawberries and pineapple.
- I have only made this recipe using my Vitamix, so I don’t know how smooth it gets with a food processor, but I am sure it will work fine.
I hope you love this pudding as much as I do!
p.s – My book, Eating for Breast Cancer Prevention is FREE today on Amazon.com!! Good things come to those who read the entire post 😉 *THIS PROMOTION HAS ENDED*