Kitchen Tools and Gadgets
- The Vitamix Blender (aka: dream machine!)
I have owned a Vitamix blender since 2008. It is hands-down, my most favorite kitchen appliance. It makes the best smoothies I have ever tasted! Because of its high power, it can be used for many different things. Sometimes I find myself using it 2 or more times a day. Because I use and recommend the Vitamix so much, I recently became affiliated with company. If you purchase a Vitamix through me, you will get free shipping. If you click on the blender picture, it will take you to the Vitamix website where you can purchase any products. The free shipping code should automatically show up at checkout. If for some reason the code does not show up you can manually type it in promotion code box: 06-006227. If you would like to make your purchase over the phone, call 1-800-848-2649 ext. 2308 to speak with Vitamix representative Sue. Simply give the promotion code over the phone to receive free shipping.
My Favorite Cookbooks
- The Cancer Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery by Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson.
- How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman.
- The New Book of Middle Eastern Food by Claudia Roden.
- The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein.
- Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan.
- Farmer John’s Cookbook: The Real Dirt on Vegetables by Farmer John Peterson and Angelic Organics.
Websites and Blogs I use For Healthy Recipes
- The Cancer Project
- AICR Test Kitchen
- Dr. Weil’s Healthy Kitchen
- Everyday Food
- and of course my own blog!
Websites I Use To Check Nutrient Composition of Foods
- USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory type in a food to see what’s in it
- Calorie King’s Food Search Tool lets you search nutrition in a lot of packaged foods and restaurant foods
Recommended Reading on Cancer Prevention and Nutrition
- Food Nutrition, Physical Activity and the Prevention of Cancer: Summary of the Expert Report by WCRF/AICR
Cancer Prevention Community
- CWellness – anti-cancer foods and living. Jeff Sirlin, founder of CWellness, is a survivor of stage III colon cancer. With CWellness, he wanted to create a central source for people who want to live an anti-cancer lifestyle. On the site you will find an array of products and resources promoting cancer wellness.